Also known as 3-D Brows, Eyebrow Embroidery or Eyebrow Feathering, it is a form of Semi-Permanent Makeup, which is implemented using a handheld tool comprised of several tiny needles that form the shape of a small blade. The pigment is collected with the Microblades, and like earlier methods of cosmetic tattooing, it is done by manually depositing pigment into the second layer of the skin (dermis). But what makes it truly unique is the hand tool used. The unique formation of needles allows the artist to create the look of real eyebrow hairs by tattooing very fine hair-like strokes in the skin.
The method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of his or her current brows, have sparse brows or are looking for a more shaped brow. The result is more natural hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair present.
People suffering from alopecia, trichotillomania and other conditions that causes hair loss benefit greatly from Microblading, as well as those who simply aren’t happy with their current brows, or don’t want to deal with applying makeup to their brows everyday.
What Is the Microblading Process?
The procedure can take up to 2-hours depending on the desired results of your brows.
- We start with a same day consultation. You fill out some basic information about yourself, and tell us what you’re trying to achieve and your desired goals with your look.
- We clean up your brow area by shaping the brow area. Then, we draw the perfect customized shape that will fit according to your facial structure as well as give you the desired outcome you desire.
- We start the numbing process, making the procedure more comfortable and enjoyable!
- The procedure begins. Once complete, we wipe away the ink and reveal your brand new brows. If you feel you want any minor changes made, then we can make those at this time.
- We then apply a moisturizing ointment to help the skin and we go over some after care instructions to ensure that your new brows are kept in perfect condition!
What Can I Expect After a Microblading Procedure?
The healing process after a microblading procedure varies by each patient and based on many factors. This could include, but is not limited to: the artist’s technique, pigments used, aftercare instructions, whether or not shading was done, as well as just overall how someone’s body and skin reacts to the procedure.
Some of the most common things clients can expect after a microblading procedure are:
- Tenderness in the area
- Pink or redness around the affected area
- Thickening and darkening of the area
- Moderate to thick scabbing 3-4 days after the procedure
- Scabs will begin to flake off anytime between days 5 – 10
- After scabs flake off, pigment color and strokes will look light, grey, and blurry; and
- After area is fully healed (4 weeks after procedure) the pigment will return to full color