- Patients should be non-smokers (or capable of quitting during the weeks before and after the procedure) and in good general health. Typical candidates are unhappy with the overall shape, size, or symmetry of their breasts and want to enlarge them. The procedure’s results and expectations will be discussed with Dr. Sillins and her staff prior to surgery to ensure a breast augmentation is the right cosmetic procedure for you.
- Inframmary Fold is the most common incision used and occurs on the lower side of the breast where the breast meets your chest. This incision is inconspicuous and offers the most precise implant placement.
- Periareolar creates a half-moon shaped incision around the nipple.
- Transaxillary incisions take place near the armpit where implants are then inserted.
- Transumbilical incisions take place in the belly button