Microblading is a life changing event! It’s a relatively new, manual method of using permanent make-up to achieve the most natural looking eyebrows.
Microblading puts the finest hairs back into eyebrows to provide the finest definition and dimension possible. This technique allows us to recreate, correct and improve the appearance of your eyebrows.
This process allows us to control the shape and symmetry of the brows better than ever before. Truly the most natural way to do eyebrow hair strokes, restore confidence and give an instant lift to your look.
Happening now…MicroBlading at Rejuvene Plastic Surgery by Dr. Deborah Sillins! Perfect for those with sparse eyebrows, for those thin eyebrows or for those who want to keep up with the latest beauty trends!Request your appointment today 859-429-3333. #drsillins #microblading #eybrows #eyebrowsonfleek #brows #thinningeyebrows #microbladingincincinnati #beauty #makeup #nomakeup #semipermanent #plasticsurgery #instantlift #facelift #kentucky #cincinnati #lexington #louisville #wcpo #botox #spa #pamperme #fashionista #tummytuck #permanentmakeup #skincare #onfleek #beforeandafter
Posted by Rejuvene Plastic Surgery by Dr. Sillins on Saturday, January 14, 2017
How long does the procedure take? Each client is different but your first Micro Blading session should take approximate 2-2.5 hours.
How long should I wait for my follow-up or ‘Perfection Session’ after my first procedure? Your second Micro Blading session should be scheduled 4-6 weeks after your initial session.
Why so long in between my first session and my follow-up? The period in-between allows the brows to fully heal and for the pigment to adjust.
How long does the second procedure take? You can expect the Perfecting Session to last about an hour, sometimes longer depending the scope of the initial procedure.
Is the Perfection Session necessary? Yes it is! As everyone heals differently, your specific outcome will be different than others. At first, certain areas of the brow may not pick up the pigment during the first session and will need to be touched up. We may need to adjust the pigment color, the thickness of the brow or more strokes may need to be added to Perfect your Brows!
More importantly, your Perfection Session is when we refine your eyebrows to ensure they look perfect and more importantly, retain the color.
How long does it take for the eyebrow area to heal? After your procedure, your eyebrow area will be slightly red and maybe slightly swollen Over the next 7-10 days, you may notice your eyebrow area is a bit scabby. Do not pick at the scabs as it may damage the skin and may affect the outcome.
Can I get schedule my second session before 4-weeks? It is not recommended that we do your touch up earlier than 4-weeks after your initial session. Many variables such as pigment color that hasn’t fully settled into the skin but most importantly, the gap in-between your initial session and the second session allows your skin to completely heal.
Is Micro Blading painful? Each patient has different levels of pain tolerance and responds differently to the anesthetic or numbing cream.
For Micro Blading, the pain level is minimized with numbing cream which is applied before the procedure begins and sometimes during the procedure.
Most will describe the pain level mild to none. The procedure has been described as light scratches, sounding like sandpaper scratching to not feeling it at all. It is recommended that each patient take Tylenol; if needed and avoid aspirin and ibuprofen.
Is this a tattoo? NO, Micro Blading is not a tattoo! Micro Blading only touches the first few layers of skin. Micro Blading pigments are not implanted in the skin as deep as traditional tattoos. Micro Blading does fade over time; some last up to a year and others can last up to 3-years; all dependent upon you skincare routine, skin type (normal, oily, combination), and your age.
How can I have prevent fading? Skincare routine plays a critical role and will also affect the longevity of the pigment used in Micro Blading. For example, people who sunbathe, use products with AHA or glycolic acid will fade faster as your skin will resurface faster.
Please note, each individual’s pigment retention within the skin will vary.
Is there maintenance to the brows? Some patients let the micro bladed area fade over time while most maintain their brows, prefer them to look fresh so you may wish to have a touch-up every 12-18 months.
Does the color look natural? After your initial Micro Blading session, your eyebrows will appear very dark for the next 3-7 days. This is normal and you can expect the color to fade over time as it heals.
During this time, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you may notice slight scabbing. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to really heal and about a full month for the color to set in.
What about the color after the first 2-weeks? You may notice the color is much lighter than it was during the first 2-weeks. You may notice an opaque milky looking quality to the skin known as milk skin. This is normal and due to the tissue still healing from the ‘inside out’ even though the surface appears to be healed. Once completely healed, the true color will reveal itself.
Prior to getting Micro Blading, what can I do to achieve the best results? It is recommended 3-days or 72-hours before your procedure or as otherwise noted:
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen and/or any vitamins that may thin your blood
- Avoid indoor and outdoor tanning
- No facial scrubs or chemical peels; at least 2-weeks prior
What about after my procedure? Are there post-procedure instructions? After your procedure, we advise all our patients:
- After 2-hours, gently wipe away the healing balm applied by us after procedure with a Q-tip. You may notice a clear ‘yellow/brownish’ liquid on the Q-tip. Don’t be alarmed, that is the lymphatic liquid that will build up. Lightly reapply Vaseline or Aquaphor with a new, clean Q-tip
- Make sure to reapply a fresh layer of Vaseline or Aquaphor in the morning and night to the eyebrows for at least 5-7 days
- Do not put an excessive amount of Vaseline or Aquaphor
- Eyebrows will feel itchy
- Some patients will scab – do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the pigmentation and outcome of the micro blading
- Do not get the eyebrow area wet for 7-days after your procedure. When bathing or showering, make sure you avoid your facial area
- Do not put makeup around the brow area for a minimum of 10-days. This area is sensitive after the procedure and makeup could cause an infection
- Avoid alcohol for 24-hours after procedure
- Avoid any aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamins that may cause your blood to thin
- No facial scrubs or chemical peels for 2-weeks after your procedure
- Do not swim, sunbathe, go to tanning beds or into saunas for 2-weeks; at least 14-days
Are there any risks or complications? As with any procedure, medical or aesthetic, risks and complications can occur. We, at Rejuvene Plastic Surgery, take all precautions to provide you with a safe, sterile and sanitize facility using only sterilized equipment.
It is important for all proceeding with Micro Blading to follow pre- and post-procedure instructions to minimize any risks or complications. We caution that while allergic reactions to pigments are rare, it could be possible on some individuals.
I take prescription medication, can I still get Micro Blading? We always suggest you contact the prescribing physician for any conflicts.
Micro Blading may not be suitable for those patients who:
- Are using Accutane
- Have heart conditions or using heart medication; especially blood thinners
- Have diabetes; if physician gives you the clear, please provide a your physicians note
- Have had Botox or Facial Fillers 2-weeks prior to scheduled procedure
- Have had chemical peels 2-weeks prior to scheduled procedure
- Have sun enriched skin or use the tanning bed as our skin tone will change
- Are allergic to latex
- Are allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benxocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
- Are pregnant or nursing – if proceeding with Micro Blading, patients will be done at your own risk; we suggest you consult your physician first
- Anyone who has skin issues, skin disease or irritations
Micro Blading is an elective procedure and we reserve the right to refuse this service to any patient who we feel may not be a good fit or for any other reason. We can make the decision to proceed or not Micro Blade an individual based on our Doctor and Technician’s own discretion.
What if I get Micro Blading and I don’t like the result? As with all procedures, whether cosmetic, plastic or Micro Blading, careful thought, research and consultation with our office is critical to understand the full scope of the procedure.
Prior to Micro Blading, we will discuss the shape, look and style you are striving for. From there, we will draw a frame around your current brows to understand your desired look. We make every effort to shape and style the eyebrows to your satisfaction prior to us beginning. Once you approve, we begin.
We make every effort to achieve an symmetrical result. Due to our body and more importantly our faces, we weren’t designed symmetrical.
At the Perfection Session we can:
- Fix an uneven appearance
- Correct any pigment discoloration
- Enhance color correction
Keep in mind, that Micro Bladed brows will eventually fade if no additional touch up is performed.